Since 1987, Disciple Bible Study has reached nearly 3 million people worldwide, introducing the grand sweep of Scripture in a 34-week format. Now Disciple Fast Track maintains the integrity and principles of the original study, but its modifications can better meet the needs of a hectic world. Participants still receive a thorough introduction to the Bible, but in almost a third less time. Fast Track is not a replacement for the original; it is simply a practical option.
How does it work?
The course uses the same Disciple Study Manual, but the class time and course length have all been adjusted for busy lifestyles. Additional print and video materials, which are extremely easy to use, give participants the tools to absorb and retain what they learn in this shortened format.
Main features of Disciple Fast Track:
- Classes meet for a total of 24 weeks – There are 12 sessions in the Old Testament and 12 in the New Testament. Groups typically start the Old Testament in early fall and finish before Thanksgiving; they then start the New Testament in January and finish around Easter.
- Each group session lasts 75 minutes – This is half the time of traditional Disciple classes. Churches are able to fit classes in on Sunday mornings, lunch hours, during evening children’s programming and even early in the morning before the work day begins. Traditional small groups that meet in homes easily cover the material within their normal time frames.
- Designed for Small Groups or Large Groups – Fast Track is designed for small groups of 8-16, as traditional Disciple is intended. But unlike the traditional version, Fast Track easily adapts for groups of 17-100+. Large groups simply need a table leader for each table group that will lead the small group discussion with provided discussion sheets during each class session. Many churches have used the large group model to allow the pastor to lead large amounts of people while maintaining the intimacy of the small group.
- Everything you need to review, plan and lead your Disciple Fast Track group.Includes one each of in a Messenger bag:
- Old Testament Study Manual
- New Testament Study Manual
- Leader Guide
- CEB Study Bible
- Access to Online Promotional Materials (Personalize)
A separate Leader Guide provides group facilitators with step-by-step instructions for leading each week’s session without any extra preparation.
A brief, illustrated review video enables participants to recall important facts and ideas; lively and engaging video presenters then offer insights into the current week’s session. Participants have the opportunity to take a spiritual gifts assessment and determine meaningful ways they can serve and live out their discipleship commitment. They also have opportunities for celebrations marking their completion of the Old and New Testament components of Disciple Fast Track.